modified toys hex bugs new level

modified hex bug

When I stop and think about it, I've modified toys since I was young. The better word for it is customized. The custom cars were the ultimate but being too young and too broke I had fun with model cars and slot cars (note to self - post something about slot cars).

I have posted about the hex bug before. Most recently I found a new use for an old cellphone battery. Just crude modifications with a battery and LED. Here's that post.

I just found a site that takes hacking the hex bug to another whole level - say hexadecimal
.


hex bug


Now this looks more professional - but I still like my clown head.

Applied Inspirations offers the details of an extensive hex bug hack. So if you want more from your $10 hexbug take a look.

Now here's an idea - thinking of my last post about GPS - add GPS to the hex bug and map something. Of course the hexbug doesn't travel over uneven or soft surfaces.

2 comments:

  1. Any possibility in the near feature that you will put small wheels to one of those toys and a video camera on it? I was thinking I could use it to follow my cat around the house and make a fun video :)
    Great creativity btw
    Thanks for sharing!
    ES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing an idea - I have made some with wheels but not controllable. They just go wherever they want. I also don't know how easy it would be to mount a camera but I know they make small cameras.

    ReplyDelete